It is our philosophy to offer our customers the best available solar powered yacht with worldwide unlimited range and speeds of up to 20 knots with electric motors.
A SILENT yacht can cruise up to 100 miles a day, permanently for weeks without fuel. On top of that she powers all household appliances. And she is unique, was the first of her kind, the original. Competitors have tried to copy Michael Köhler´s design and technology to achieve self-sufficiency, up to now none of them succeeded. The SILENT System is safe, redundant and reasonably priced as you buy directly from the developer and the shipyard.
The secret behind this is: Simplicity.
What is the difference between a Silent-Yacht and a conventionally powered yacht? The special configuration of the components guarantees, that the solar-panels generate more power on an average day, than the total consumption for propulsion at cruising speed and all household appliances – on an average holiday trip in an average holiday destination. So long passages on solar-power are a day-to-day experience
The top-level energy-efficiency of SILENT yachts are achieved by:
- Bionic design
- Towing-tank-optimized hull-shape
- Wind- and wave-drag optimised design
- CNC-milling of the moulds
- Construction in carbon-composite with resin-infusion
- Light-weight and structurally strong layout
- Fully insulated hulls
- Durability and long term maintenance of value by using high quality resins
Special Features include:
- Ergonomic design guarantees comfortable life on board
- Innovative propulsions and technical devices grant luxury and performance at very low maintenance costs
- Modular construction and efficient design facilitate fancy ideas at a reasonable price
- Luxury equipment like dinghy-garage or liftable stern-platform as well as induction cooktop, large 230V inverter and lithium consumer-battery
- Autonomy – unlimited range without the need to refuel, recharge or fill up the water-tanks.
With the water-maker you can produce up to 3 tons of fine potable water every day. In combination with the huge cooling- and freezing-capacity a SILENT yacht is your personal island offering everything you need for an independent and autonomous life during a long period of time. There’s no propane on board, all household appliances work with 220/110 Volt just like at home.
For rare occasions such as long-lasting bad weather situations or high cruising speed over a longer period of time, all yachts of the “Cruiser” and “Sailor” series have a diesel generator as range extender. As soon as the sun shines again, the batteries get a free refill. You save large amounts of fuel and money, protect the environment and enjoy comfortable, relaxed sailing over long periods of time, independent of weather or external resources.